My postponed printmaking classes have finally started and I'm having so much fun - and longing for a printing press! I made this last week, using a technique called dry point. We drew on zinc with a sharp point and though I had no idea how it was going to turn out I'm quite pleased with it. I'd like to try re-printing this to see if I can get the index fingers a bit lighter, hopefully I'll be able to try that next time.
Here's the actual zinc plate I made, since I like to see both sides of something like this.
This week I continued the knitting theme, but my 'plate' / piece of card had to be coated in varnish so we didn't get to print them tonight. I'm really excited to print it next week and see how it turned out.